This leading English-medium South African state boys school has a vacancy for a Rugby Director. (School Governing Body position with effect from 1 November 2018) This is a three year fixed-term contract (negotiable) which has long term possibilities.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience for this position:
- Minimum of three years professional experience in coaching and managing a rugby programme.
- Level 2 Coaching Certification.
- Strong work ethic, communication-, motivational- and management skills
- Willing to travel and must be registered with Boksmart
- To be directly responsible for the development and management of players and coaches at the school.
- To liaise and provide feedback at all times to the Director of Sport
- To improve the calibre of rugby player in the long term by enhancing skills
- To give direction to coaching staff by providing assistance, attending courses and seminars to enhance the skills of the coaches.
- To attract top Primary School boys to the School. This could entail attending festivals and tournaments, visiting Primary Schools and offering coaching clinics at the School for Primary School boys.
- To be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of training plans and practice schedules for all teams at all levels.
- To develop players to play at provincial level and to liaise with the various provincial rugby unions.
- To attend Tournaments (some overnight travel is required)
- To use the relevant technology to record and analyse matches for the 1stand all other A teams.
- To retain the keen focus that sports is played for educational purposes and that playing rugby is just one facet of Boys High.
- The Director of Rugby will not be required to coach any specific team, but may be used to enhance coaching at a particular level.
Applications in the form of a cover letter, short (4 page) CV and a list of at least 2 current referees must be sent to the HR Administrator, Connie van der Walt. Closing date for applications is Friday 14 September 2018.
Email: email@example.com or hand-deliver to 251 Roper Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria, 0181.
For any queries on the position, please email the Director of Sport at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that should you not have received any feedback two weeks after application closure, you can consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please also note that the School reserves the right not to make an appointment if there are no suitable candidates or if needs change.